We update this page with the fundraising status quarterly, and also have a summary of how you can help contribute to the park. You can help us reach our goals by participating in our easy fundraising measures:
- You can give a cash donation – any amount is welcome – details are at our donate page.
- Shop at BallardCornersPark.org – a great way to contribute while shopping – Fremont Place Books and Amazon will give 4% of you purchase price to the park.
- Buy our t-shirts and buttons (online or by contacting us).
- Shop at Ballard Market (and give us your receipts) – they will give us 1% of their purchases.
- Named, commemorative park decorations (e.g. tiles) are in the plans and will be available soon - if you want to be on the list.
June 2007 UpdateWe've added the Large Project fund into our totals - 85% of the way there! Fundraising for the construction of the park is under way. The current estimate is that it will cost $441,000 to build the park. The estimate will be refined as the construction drawings take shape.
Build The ParkWe have received or have commitments of $373,643 to date. We plan to get the bulk of the remaining funds from government and corporate grants. For these larger grants to be successful, we will need to show a deep commitment from the community. We have a $10,000 direct fundraising goal from the neighborhood and community. Your support is essential in the success of Ballard Corners Park.
|Grants Committed or In Hand|
|Pro-Parks Levy Development (Thanks, Citizens of Seattle!)||$150,000||Y|
|King County (Thanks, Larry Phillips!)||$20,000||Y|
|Safeco grant (Thanks, Rebecca Carr!)||$500||Y|
|State Legislature (Thanks, Jeanne Kohl-Welles, Karen Fraser and Bill Fromhold)||$125,000||Y|
|Seattle DON Large Projects Fund||$75,000||Y|
|King County/Metro Waterworks Grant||$30,000|
|Seattle Public Utilities||$1,000|
|King County Sports Youth Facility||$20,000|
|Starbucks Neighborhood Park Grants||$15,000|